This project is read-only.
OK, so I'm going to be making a couple major changes to this project and in fact all of my projects. Since early 2006 I've been working on this library (I wont get into why it took me 2 years to release the project, just know that it was work related) and in that time .Net 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 were all released. A number of the classes in here were not designed with the various C#/.Net changes in mind. And I've kept the development of much of the library as consistent as I could throughout... Which unfortunately has left me with a library that I believe is sub par compared to what it could be. So let's look at the changes that I'm planning:
  1. I'm going to bump the code base up to .Net 4.0. It's been out since 2010 and I'm out of projects that are still running 3.5.
  2. I'm switching over to using Mercurial for the source control. I've sent in the request to CodePlex and everything. Also I'm going to set up a site on BitBucket (and possibly Google Code and GitHub if I can get the Hg to Git thing working) as a mirror.
  3. If you're using one of my other libraries (not including Optimizer Prime or MoonUnit), they've been rolled into this project. As such you'll notice a number of new namespaces (Validation, Configuration, etc.). In fact this project now has two ORMs thanks to this merge (a micro and full size ORM, which is actually built on the micro ORM). In fact I'm not 100% done merging in all the other projects that I never released into here, but here is where they are going to go.
  4. Most of my unit tests were written for work initially and as such I wasn't able to release them. I'm going to change that and rewrite them so they're a bit more generic and open to everyone.
  5. And lastly, I'm going to go through the code and rewrite most of it.

I've tried my best to not change how things are laid out too much (maybe a namespace change here or there but I've stopped myself from a complete rewrite of various classes). To be honest, doing that has not paid off well. When I started this, I did not know C# (heck I barely know it now). As such, a lot of the foundation is not pretty in the least. Many of the items in here are nothing more than a series of static functions and that's getting to be a bit insane (take a look in the Image code if you don't believe me). So I'm going to work on a complete rewrite of much of the code. When I get more time I'm going to fill up this page with all the changes that will be made. If you would like to help, please contact me. Also feel free to fork the project once the conversion is done.

Last edited Jul 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM by JaCraig, version 1

Comments

No comments yet.